Successfully Removing Mold from Your Home
Let review the facts about mold.
Mold spores are around us everyday. They're a living organism that participate in our ecosystem. When they have a habitat that causes them to colonize in such numbers that the fuzzy green and black stuff starts to show is when we typically get worried.
Mold thrives in a humid, warm environment. That's why when water damage has been left for too long we see evidence of it.
Mold can cause health effects and damage to your property. When you call a mold specialist at SERVPRO, we will follow the following basic steps to remediate and treat your issue.
- Contain the area and place powerful air scrubbers. These machine draw the contaminated air out and filter through several layers of HEPA filters before sending clean air back into the room.
- Remove items such as drywall, carpet, and insulation that show evidence of colonizing.
- HEPA vacuum and clean all exposed areas with an anti-microbial disinfectant.
- Clean and disinfect ductwork to remove any spore that may have traveled through the HVAC system.
Finally, cleaning with bleach IS NOT an acceptable way to remove mold!! Bleach is not an antimicrobial disinfectant and only masks the issue for a short time before it returns. If you think you have an issue that concerns you, always call a mold remediation specialist for guidance.